yzrider_69

Nov 5, 2002
if anyone would like to ride up this way we have a lot of organized ride during the summer only have ice racing right know. because it would be nice to have more dirt bikers up this way on our rides know wheelers outnumber bikes 50/4.

keetkdx

Apr 18, 2000
yzrider,
What part of maine u guys ride in...
i been to the pit in Sanford me
but still looking for other places to ride at
I'm interested along w/at least 2 others

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
Keet! How are you buddy?!!! You might know I sold the Katoom and haven't ridden in a long time but I bought a brandy new bike the day after xmas! A 2003 yzf250. We need to get together for a rip! Get in touch with me man!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
What part of Maine are we talking about.  My parents have a vacation home in  Ellsworth, and some friends and I are planning a ride there this summer, July or August.  Is anybody familiar with trails in the Ellsworth or Bangor area that could give me some tips on where to ride.

Dan

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
Sanford is a great place to ride! Huge sand pit and great woods trails and powerlines - with awesome hill climbs. I always have fun when I go there. I would like to find some other riding in Maine as well because the pit will be closing :( . In case anyone here hasn't heard, they're widening the Maine Turnpike and the tree huggers are worried about the loss of wetlands... poor little water fowl. Sooo..... the pit WILL be flooded :( I don't know if there will be any trail access since the only way I know to get to the trails is through the pit. If anyone has additional information on this, I'd love to hear it.

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
JCV, it been a while..how are things...good to see that u brought another bike. From what i understand the sanford pit is being closed (not sure when i was told by some locals )but found another parking spot on the other side of the river...i been up there several times this past yr I am definetly looking for other places to ride in maine....jcv i still have the 220r...w/new upgrades...powder coatted frome to match the excels and new black plastics...i will give u a call and hook up and rippppppp..ps no boots now has a 2002 kdx220r

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
KETT KDX ,hey long time no speak (for stupid reasons,i think its time to move on) ...know who this is?
I was just talking to jcv about temple mountain ...the good ol days! we should ALL hook up and reunion tour this year.

man wait till you find out what i ride as of right now......

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
keet and wfo,

I talked to Sean and he's stoked to get back together with everyone! Diesel lives in NY now but he'll be here for opening day at Clough! Whooo hooooo!

Chicken Wrist Racing!!!!! Twist it!

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
jcv and wfo

Sounds good, and wfo I know who you are. and i agree it is time to forget the past and move on. I'll give you a call tonite if your home,we do have alot to catch up on. That would be awesome to all get back together and ride again...i'ts going to be a bigger group too...the CRW crew and 3 more...
I will talk to u all soon

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
keet! You know what this means? It means we NEED to do a harescramble this summer - whooooo hoooooooo! And don't give me any of that "2 laps and collapse" junk LOL... I plan to do 3 this time ;)

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
keet -cool man

jcv- i wont be doing no h.s ... unless my bike sitiuation changes!If i stay where i am at now i will be southwick guy

just so you know keet ... i sold the $10000 kx and bought a quad !
when it all broke up i said f it and I (AND JAY) got quadS for snow/all year fun .
I have 2003 400ex !
I
aint sure I am selling and getting back to bikes or just staying quad guy for now...btw quads rule and it an awesome ride ,but cant keep up with a bike even if your superman! thats why I am thinking bout another bike. but money sucks right now so we'll see......

anybody know someone looking to buy a sick modded 2003 400ex? lol

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
QUAD????? thought u hated quads...oh well.....wait til u see what i did to your old bike....all good improvements as it needs the best care...as u know it is a kawi..... what is dwayne riding...kdx still? do you still have the bike trailer?

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
dwayne still has his 99 but hasnt ridden since the group stopped.

and i sold the trailer. i used to hate quads till i gave it a rip. they rule the roots and mud. but rocks suck and no matter how fast you you ride it.it will go only like half the speed of a bike

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
that's cool...still got the 5.9 RT...i seen the new car/suv for wifey...pretty funky..u have a trailer for the quad? been to sanford w/quad...you still working up inn cherry hill?....is dwayne ready to give the ride a try again?

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
the new suv is sweet lol i still got thr 5.9(now has mods lol) dwayne MIGHT ride not sure and my quad has 35 miles on it once to the mobil thats it!

sanford on the quad would be unreal! i wanna wail up those p-lines hills in sanford....but not sure what to do quad or try to sell/trade for a new bike!

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
keet, yeah, I have a quad too... and I used to hate them also. It's a riot though but WFO is right; a bike WILL smoke a quad bad LOL

I have a feeling wfo will be back on 2 wheels this summer :D If not, it's cool - riding is riding.

I'd like to do Temple Mt. again for sure! I wouldn't mind trying something different 1st though... something less brutal LOL. I've never really ridden a 4 stroke so this season will be a learning experience for me. I am ready to get smoked!

Good to see you 2 guys chattin'!

Back to the topic of this thread: I'm real glad to hear that once the pit is closed, we'll still be able to ride the trails. I hate to think that those great hills wouldn't be accessible any more :-(

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
I was up there w/Mike (no boots) and he brought his warrior and that was pretty rad...screamed up the hills NP....mike bought a 2002 kdx 220...sweet scotts damper/top triple clamp from this guy that rode it like twice...sweet deal...i still have the trailer... you can always do a GNCC w/the quad...but u do need to get a bike..

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
i would love to gncc or h.s on a quad but they be to far away ...if i keep the quad i will do mx on at jolly roger and southwick this year!

hmmm i need to keep the quad for mx and get a bike for woods....wooohooo

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Hey guys,
Where exactly is this other parking lot in Sanford? Any one have a map or directions?

The tree huggers are trying to close the Sandown power lines, I saw No Trespassing signs at the end of last season right after the RR bed and the cops were there enforcing it.

Sanford Spodefest has a nice ring to it. ;)

Ratm on a quad?

Last edited:

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
Hi Mac, long time!

About the Sandown p-lines: it's weird, if you leave the RR bed, 100yds later you hit a road. That's where it says "do not enter... blah blah". OK, if you ride from the other end (my house), it let's you get all the way to the RR bed.... hmmmm. So where the hell is the section you can't ride??? I've been riding my quad there a little bit this winter and trying to get it all figured out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom