altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Originally posted by firecracker22
You guys just need a different perspective! I like cold weather and my only gripe about the snow is that I can't go play in it. I just saw the new Warren Miller movie last night, and now I am stoked to go snowboarding but the most I can hope for is some late spring riding if I have the doc's permission to go. :whiner:

Yep - just find something fun to do in the snow. I used to whine nonstop when summer came, but now things have evened out. I have so much fun dirt biking that I don't miss the snow at all. But when it comes back I'm thrilled too. First powder day of the year for me this morning - Snowbird opened their tram today! :thumb:

Plus now I have something fun to do if it ends up being a bad snow year - I'll just go riding and still have fun no matter what the weather does...

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Aaahhhhgggg! Lookout Pass, one of our small but cool ski hills, opened yesterday! They only have 26" at the top but still . . . I'd board on bare spots if I could right now! And they have a new lift and 5 new runs put in this year. Dammit.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Do any of you ride in the winter? I'm thinking of riding Thursday becasue its going to about 40 degrees. How well does it work? We have about 2 and half feet of snow. Some one had posted a pic a few days ago of some one riding in the snow. So i guess it would work. I just want to know how often i'll get stuck. :-P

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The one time I rode in snow it was crusty crap with ice underneath. I never got stuck--but I couldn't stay upright! It was awful but it was a hare scramble and by God, I was determined to get my $35 entry fee worth out of the day.

In deeper, softer snow, I do not know how it is to ride. I say it's worth a try though.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
i went riding sunday, -15 degrees with the windchill.. i had 3 t shirts, 1 jersey, 1 sweater and a chest protector on.. here's some pics

http://community.webshots.com/album/103692745GmpXbI

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds like its time for a road trip! Grab the bikes & beer and head to some place that's warmer and fun! With cold cutters in your tires you’re good to go for light to medium snow depth, Try it you'll like it! You might want to richen up the kdx though? Oow ya I'm hoping for at least one more snow free ride. Then the studded tires goes on, then look out!

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
I put my studs on the other night. We got about 8 in of snow over the weekend. I love to ride in the snow it is fun to blast through the drifts and throw roost everywhere. It's really good for cornering practice because you can lay the bike way over with the studs and if you do fall the show is soft. A couple years ago I was on my 65 and was flying across the yard and tried to blast a drift and the bike hit and stopped instantly and I flew over the bars, it was the funniest thing I've ever done and the bike just stood there! Everytime I go out to ride my dad asks me if I'm going to do the snowman again.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
You can't beat winter so you might as well join it. If you can't afford a sled, the new Ski-doo Revs are awsome (like riding a bike on the snow with there centralized weighting and upright riding position), put some trelborgs on your bike and head out to the nearest twisty river in your area, it's amazing! Now the start of the winter only signals the start of the ice riding season and the end of dirt riding season, this coming from a guy that used to dread winter! Unfortunatly I'll only get to ride a couple of times this week since the family is heading to Furnie for some snowboarding at x-mas, oh well I guess I'll just have to suck it up (wink).

Top Bottom