cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5' 7" 150 lbs. 24 yrs old (not ganna get any taller)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? not insane :coocoo: but pretty agro :bang:
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? desert to get my feet wet agian, than some amatuer motocross at elsinore
4) Do you have any riding experience? used to race a cr 80 as akid
5) Do you think you will race ? yes
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? for the most part yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 2 stroke 125 cr or yz
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? honda or yamaha
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? 4000
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

So I went to a local dealership by my house and I sat on a 2006 cr and also a yz 125. From what I have heard the yz is a better bike so get that one right? Well heres the problem, when I sit on the yz, my feet do not touch the ground. I have to lean to one side and only use 1 foot. When I sit on the cr both of the tip of my toes barely touch the ground. So the cr feels like a better fit cause I can actually touch the ground and I figure when I ride I will be able to man handle the bike better. what do you guys think I should do? I mean isnt the cr basically just as good as the yz anyways? keep in mind I wont be getting any taller as im 24 yrs of age. Is there a way to make the yz shorter? I have done some research and the seat height on the cr is 37.3 where the yz is 39.3. Its those 2 little inches that makes the diference between my feet dangling in the air or the tip of my toes barely touching the ground. Should I go cr? Or should I go yz and lower it 2 inches? any other riders out there my height?

Thanks for the help!

vintxrgr

Jul 31, 2006
well im 5' 10" and i had the same problem all i can say is try going back and putting on boots see if it helps much, i ride with a soft rear anyway so my bike sinks a little when i sit on it. if you like the back firm and the boots dont help you can shave the seat down a bitbut when i got my bike i was 5'5" and i just used one foot practiceing my starts iand i had better starts than every one else. for me i think that since its not your bike it feels big, once it became your bike your buddy basicly you would feel more confdent.

you sound like your dead set on one of those bikes or else id say look in to maby a ktm or a 4t im not sure but i think the 250f is a tad smaller

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
New bikes are going to be stiff, maybe you should try sitting on a used one to compare seat hieght after break-in? I'm 5'7'' also, with a 32'' inseam, the only bike I've had that I could put most of both feet down, was my YZ80, back when I was 5'6''. I've seen lots of shorter people ride bigger bikes, you'll figure something out that works for you. I find it easier to start my bike by holding it slighty sideways and kicking, or standing on a 2x4 or some kind of block. After a little while, you'll probably look back and laugh at your concern. Happy hunting!

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
pyrofreak said:
New bikes are going to be stiff, maybe you should try sitting on a used one to compare seat hieght after break-in? I'm 5'7'' also, with a 32'' inseam, the only bike I've had that I could put most of both feet down, was my YZ80, back when I was 5'6''. I've seen lots of shorter people ride bigger bikes, you'll figure something out that works for you. I find it easier to start my bike by holding it slighty sideways and kicking, or standing on a 2x4 or some kind of block. After a little while, you'll probably look back and laugh at your concern. Happy hunting!

what kind of bike do you ride? Your picture looks like suzuki so im guessing rm 125 because me and you are the same.. I got a 32" inseam too, anyways I sat on the rm 125 and it was the same size as the cr. Im kind of leaning towards cr. also due to the fact that I used to race a cr I was shocked to hear all this crs suck now a days kinda stuff. saying thier engine was weak and such, that was what honda was known for, but they were known to have crappy suspension but now its good or something...i dunno im confused i also get hear diferent things from diferent people. you say its not that big of a deal I had another person say that they had the same problem and hated it...oh well :ahhh:

Top Bottom