Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Is there any difference other than the color? I am looking for a bike that focuses more on the low and midrange rpms. I know that Suzuki talks a bit about low and mids, but does that mean it is actually a different bike than the KX?

Jimbo

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The yellow bikes go faster - :p

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
then go with the RM85L and get the Eric Gorr 100 kit for it. There's already a post from MikeS on the Eric Gorr kit.

The RM & KX 100's are the same bike. Just different color plastic.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
ktmdad, are you saying the RM85 with 100cc kit is better than a RM100/KX100 - or that going with the RM85, you are staying with a Suzuki - also, is there any size difference between an RM85L and RM100 ?

AMinkman

Nov 17, 1999
The Rm 85L is a Suzuki with big wheels. The RM 100 is a KX100 with yellow plastic. I think Ktmdads point was you would be better off getting the RM big wheel with the EGorr kit than getting the RM100. They are both bigwheel bikes, so probably the same size.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by Racer#213
nope

I had to respond to this :p IMO YES

Ok really. I still believe it is 90 % rider. In GNCC The # 1 Youth plate was earned by a rider on a 02 stock RM85 (with big wheels). Cody rode a RM 100(kx100) at a GNCC and said it was NO better.

We had access to a 03 KX100 to run heads up,. off road against the RM 100 by EG. My simple observations showed the RM was preferred by my son and the owner of the KX. The KX rider had better times on our RM. Granted our RM was set up and the KX was not. Both were raced for the first time by each rider that day.

Whoops back to the real question... Same bikes Different Color is true.

Sorry for rambling again too much snow on the ground and the bikes are ready to go so I need to find another hobby fast (with out the wife knowing ofcourse) :eek:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Look on the bright side CJ, you can always get some nice shiny new YELLOW plastic for that KX100 of yours ....... er ... Kermit WHO ... don't know that fella, does he ride ?! ;)

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by AMinkman
The Rm 85L is a Suzuki with big wheels. The RM 100 is a KX100 with yellow plastic. I think Ktmdads point was you would be better off getting the RM big wheel with the EGorr kit than getting the RM100. They are both bigwheel bikes, so probably the same size.

Exactly.

Our stock RM85 has no problem running against stock KX100's. IMHO I just think the RM85 has a better motor over the KX's.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
I appreciate the replys. I am mainly interested in KX/RM 100 because I am looking for low to mid range power for hill climbing. Would a RM 85 with a 100 kit do better for that purpose?

Jimbo

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by Jimbokdx
I appreciate the replys. I am mainly interested in KX/RM 100 because I am looking for low to mid range power for hill climbing. Would a RM 85 with a 100 kit do better for that purpose?

Jimbo

Depends on how your have the cylinder ported. The stock RM85 has pretty good bottom end.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
well as a proud kx100 owner i can say that you will be impressed with the power. Puts up pretty nice bottom and can rev to the moon. The pb is smooth, but still hits hard enough to bring your front tire a foot of f the ground wiht out jerking your arm outta their sockets. Either one would be an excellent choice considering the kx has everythi8ng the rm does and the rm has everything the kx does. just cosmetics is different. Personaly i don't like the black frame on the rm. I like the kx's silver one a lot better

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Ya see, they're not the same bikes! I think Suz. pulled the wool over Kaws eyes!

Suz. guy to Kaw guy: "Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's the two of us build the same bike using each others technology, and we'll just put different color plastic on it! That way all the kid has to decide is which color he likes best!"

Suz guy to other Suz guy in hushed tones: "What we won't tell the Kaw guy is that we'll throw in a bunch of bonuses that'll make our bike irresistable to the mom and dad, who will in turn make the decision as to which bike to buy -- since they are equal performance wise! Bwuhahahahaah!!!"

Top Bottom