rm 125 case bolts

gregy133

Feb 4, 2010
i just bought a 2001 rm 125 i got a great deal but i only have like 3 of the bolts for the clutch cover and none of the other bolts does any one know a good place to get all of them of just how many and what lengths they are motors torn down right now waiting for barings so i would like to get the bolts soon

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Your local Suzuki dealer would be your best/only bet and as a bonus they should know the sizes :cool:

gregy133

Feb 4, 2010
ya i know they would have them but i was hoping i didnt have to go to them because they will cost a ton there i got one of the little tiny screws that holds the bearing in place and it was about $2

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
gregy133 said:
ya i know they would have them but i was hoping i didnt have to go to them because they will cost a ton there i got one of the little tiny screws that holds the bearing in place and it was about $2

It's best to spend the extra bucks for the OEM hardware for a couple of reasons.

First. To maintain the value of your bike. If I am looking to buy a used bike and I see non-OEM hardware on it, I will pass. If the owner will not spend the money on the proper screws and bolts, it tells me he has most likely not spent the money on the things you can't see. Non-OEM hardware cheapens the value of your bike.

Second. People that get their parts from their local hardware store or Home Depot are not the kind of people that I would want to take on a trail ride. Their bikes are much more likely to break down on trail and that spoils the ride for everyone involved. You either have to help them fix their bikes trailside or tow them back to their trucks. Not fun for anyone and they don't get invited again.

The reason OEM hardware costs so much is because it is heat treated or hardened to withstand what a dirtbike or race bike has to go through. The hardware you buy at Home Depot is not heat treated, comes from China and will usually fail at the most inopportune time.

If you don't think you will ever have to sell your bike or don't plan on going any further than walking distance from your truck then, by all means, use the cheap hardware.

Dang, didn't we just have this discussion? :coocoo:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hi, I just peeked in to see how I can get free parts :debil:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
RM_guy said:
Hi, I just peeked in to see how I can get free parts :debil:

:ohmy: :whoa: :laugh: :rotfl:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…