RM 125 cockpit

controller

Dec 26, 2002
I am 6'2" 165 lbs I am racing a 2003 RM 125. Im looking for some product infromation on how I can make the cockpit larger...

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
You could try rotating your bars forward and getting pro taper adjustable clamps. Also lowered pegs help.

kevin5758

Sponsoring Member
Mar 15, 2003
I'm 6'2, 175#. Have two 01 RM 125's. Layout should be similar?

I would be interested to know what bars anyone is using. I still run stock bars, but seem to get an excessive amount of thumb blisters. If the bars were a little straiter (less inward bend) I think this would help. Any suggestions? Other than that, I am happy with the layout.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
6'2" been there, got the T-shirt. The RM is such a good base to start from (unlike the YZ), the 2 best mods on my bike (out of 100's$$$) was to lower the footpeg, you can cut the spacer of the peg mount and weld it to the top, this drops the peg 1/2 an inch. you can also get the applied bar mount with the Windam protaper bend or the Carmicheal renthal fatbars, the whole setup is less than $200 from motosportoutlet for everything. the ktm bend are even more straight but not as high.

if all that doesnt work, do to you local dealer and sit on an 03 KX and just thank your lucky stars you didnt buy one of them because they feel even smaller than the yz's!:)

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
Good info BC. I'm going to try the footpeg mod. I'm 6'5" and find the RM to my liking. The RM 250 seat is 1" taller and fits the 125 according to one of the mags. Perhaps SDG makes an RM 250 tall seat that could possibly get 2" more over the stock 125 seat height.

controller

Dec 26, 2002
It looks like to me if you move the spacer from top to bottom it will move the peg down 1/2 inch and back about 1/2 inch . I am also thinking about using an Oberg top triple clamp it appears that they are very adjustible. Any thoughts???
Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I rode a 03 this weekend with the TAg top clamp-this has 2 holes for forwards and backwards fitting of the bars-on the forward position it was nice-alot better than std.The tags are very well priced as well.

wannayz

Aug 27, 2002
On my yz426 I've already lowered the shift lever one notch as my toes point somewhat downward (I'm 6'2" and a bit cramped with stock footpegs). Any more notches will bring the shift lever dangerously low.
My concern/hesitation with lowering the footpeg is that will seem to necesitate lowering the shift lever to match the lowered footpeg. Maybe this won't be necessary if I feel less cramped. Any opinions?
I'd like to do the mod before springtime.

BTW, I have CR HI bend bars which are great but could still use the extra footpeg room. Seat foam height is stock.
Thanks

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
I'm over 6ft. On my 03 yz i did the footpeg mod and left my shift lever and brake pedal as they were.
I also have diff. clamps, tag sx bend bars and a taller seat foam. Works sweet! :thumb:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i run a GUTS hard and tall seat foam on my RM- i just used a regular N-style i think all over gripper cover- the foam had a little hump at the back that i cut down and i also lowered the rear subframe 10mm, remind me next week and i will post pics- the bike is completely flat from fender to gas cap- can grip the middle with the knees and get all the way forward or back really easily. i run the KTMbend renthal fatbar (pre2003) they are tall and very straight

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
bclap, why can't you post some pics now?

Never heard of the brand "GUTS". Got a link?
And why would you lower the subframe; what does that accomplish. I'm relatively new if you can't tell.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…