dmaegan

Feb 7, 2010
there is no hastle I also believe your lean in the needle as well pilot is mostly only to 1/8 throttle.Try the carboard trick on the airbox it doesnt cost any money I will bet you are going to have to go back down on your jet and needle once you see the the change covering the air cleaner box will do.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A toss up between the bottom end and the worn carb. Assuming the timing is right, the exhaust valve is working, and the silencer core is not blocked/broke. Vintage Bob

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
see if you get any reaction from the air/fuel screw while the choke is on??

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, if you're not getting any response from air screw adjustment you have a mechanical issue. A leak down test would be a starting point.

What spark plug is in there?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
very sorry to hear about your wife, hoping for the best. IMO you're wasting your time with the airbox lid. I personally would spend the couple of bucks on a 30 pilot and try that as a starting point.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Here's my final post on the matter, Outside of a mechanical issue I think your are so horribly rich on the pilot circuit it can't get out of it's own way.

Since you have an FMF exhaust we will look at their recommended specs for your bike based on 0-1500 ft elevation and 50/50 pump/race fuel. The twin air filter and air box lid don't add up to bugger all in the tuning equation in my experience with these bikes.

Main : 430
Pilot: 27.5
Needle: Stock
Needle Position: 2nd
AS: 1.5

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I sure hate to read about your wife, I hope she gets better. I really hate the stroke word. The bike, If its a lean bog, the choke should make it better. Rich and it will be worse. Usually, a lean and rich bog are very different, except in the middle. Lean, erratic and jumping rpm, it will run and catch rpms. Rich, blubbery and not a real good chance it will wind up into the powerband, plug foul. What is the chances, the slide stop is making it idle? The ineffective air screw throws up a warning light. Then you are back to replacing the stupid float valve. You may be able to get it to idle. Dripping on the ground, or with the bowl off and it seemingly stops the fuel, no, replace the float valve and seat. Cheap fix? How come Suzuki wants 42 dollars each, I need 2! And it will slaughter any attempt at jetting. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom