klikboom

Mar 1, 2006
I was riding in the dunes this weekend and the bike started sputtering but would pick back up in a second or two. The intervals starting getting less and less, until I started it and it ran for a few seconds then died, and now it will sometimes start but then immediately die.

It's acting like it has no fuel. I took apart the carb and sprayed everything down with carb cleaner. I put it back together with a new plug and it fired and died immediately. So now I am at a loss for what to do next. The plug is sparking.

Any suggestions? Thanks a ton.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Check for fuel flow at the petcock, tank filter may be clogged. Remove the fuel bowl sediment nut, and see if fuel flows freely to the carb bowl. Don't forget to check float hieght too.

Good luck, Steve.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
did you wash the bike lately, could of got water down in the pipe which went into the bottom end causing it to wet foul everytime you get it started for a second.

klikboom

Mar 1, 2006
Ya i did wash it but it ran great for a couple hours before it started doing the fluttering thing. So I don't think that could be the source.

I removed the fuel bowl sediment nut, and I've got flow from the tank, i haven't ckd running fuel through the carb with the bowl off. I'll try that next.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Look real close inside the carb. The tinyest bid of crud can cause havoc. All jets and tiny passages must be clog-free. Check float height while you're in there. Even old, varnished fuel will gum things up. I'm thinking it could be just that simple.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
That sounds very much like a float height issue. You really need to consult a manual for the correct info concerning the correct level setting for your bike. The other thing could be a faulty float needle valve. They do get old and fail even though they look good.

Top Bottom