RM250_sutton

Jul 19, 2009
the choke is also the idle adjuster. what way do i need to turn it to make it idle at a higher RPM? it stalls out on me when i try to let it idle. :|

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You have a factory suggested range to set it with. If its not responding correctly you have a jetting/mechanical issue somewhere? Where is the air screw adjusted to? There is also a slide stop. And for the record, the rm was never intended to idle for long, long enough to get your goggles on.

RM250_sutton

Jul 19, 2009
well some idiot (for lack of better words.) started twisting it rapidly and then it was too late. so as soon as i let go of the throttle it starts to bog out.

Where is the air screw adjusted to? There is also a slide stop

the air screw is running rich. but idk how many turns it is. and what is a slide stop?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The slide stop is above the air screw. Your manual should tell you how many turns from lightly closed, (all the way in) that the air screw(usually about 1 1/2 turns out) and the choke adjuster also. The slide stop is just that, if you turn it all the way in, the slide will not close all the way, dare I say idle? The end of the stop can get worn off, and the slide can wear a divot in it where the stop has been hitting it, its all brass parts. After adjusting the choke to its factory setting, adjust the air screw till it revs the highest, then turn it in and count how many turns out you were at. This will tell you if you have the correct pilot jet, or which way to go, leaner or richer. I would have the slide stop turned out so the slide bottoms out, up to this point, then turn it in till you reach your desired idle.

Top Bottom