Zach_951

Aug 3, 2006
Hey guys, i just started the restoration of my 2001 RM250 today and am so excited i thought that i would let every one know! Pulled the motor out and took it apart. Thank god i did as the piston is scored and there were loose screws everywhere! Hopefully gonna start stripping the old paint off the frame tomorrow. Start cleaning everything. If anybody has some advice for my project just let me know! Any help is greatly appreciated as i am 14 and doing this out of my garage by myself!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well first, make sure you have the service manual. Don't take any shortcuts to save a buck or some time, you'll regret it later. Ask questions as you proceed and have fun! :)

Jun 4, 2006
well performance comes first worry about gettin her back on track with good compression, jetting.

cosmetically you can get some accessory parts or get a fancy paintjob done on it.

ya you definately want to have the repair manual for your bike or someone with experience and expertise to help you with your project.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
14 years old and riding an RM250? Or are you restoring it just as a project for someone else? Because my step dad has an RM250 and theres no way in hell i'd ride that as my primary bike. I'll take it for rides every now and then.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I had a 250cc trial bike at 15, a 200cc trail bike at 10, and I like to borrow my friend's 450 for a heat or two. Power is nothing without control.

Top Bottom