Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The RMX is based on a late 80's RM250 and received suspension and some power plant upgrade along the way. Its a good strong bike with serious suspension etc. In really tight or slippery conditions the KDX would likely have a slight advantage, it would certainly be easier to ride. In any other situation I'd expect the larger displacement and better suspended RMX would have the advantage.

There was a 250 enduro bike shoot out on the web at one time that included the KDX200. Do some searching around and see if you can find it.

David

cgreene

Nov 9, 2001
kdx vs. rmx

I had a 97 RMX before I purchased my 2000 KDX 220. I agree that the RMX has better suspension than a stock KDX. However, you really have to do the same type of mods to get the engine uncorked on both bikes (i.e. FMF pipe, airbox lid off, etc.) Having rode and raced both, I prefer the KDX. It handles better and you can throw it around a bunch easier. Don't get me wrong -- the RMX is a great bike. It just feels more like a motocross bike with a big tank. In tight woods -- I'll take the KDX anyday.

Top Bottom