knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
I had this on the land/legal forum... I thought this may concern some of you...

I subscribe and support the San Diego Off Road Coalition:

I Don't think Sherri will mind that I cut and Paste this...and I hope Okie don't mind either.

This letter was sent to me this week... Several people did call and the road closure was postponed until January 3rd 2007.

Ken

FYI-

SR 78 to BE CLOSED–IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!!

The following is forwarded from Sherri Kukla, editor of San Diego Off-Road Magazine. I might add to what she wrote that the alternate route she mentions is not acceptable to many off-roaders with motorhomes and trailers. The next shortest route would be I-8 east to Forrester Rd. north to 86 north to 78 west.

Cal Trans has plans to close SR78 from Scissors Crossing to Yaqui Pass beginning this Monday, November 13 for eight weeks.

To get to Ocotillo Wells will require a huge detour up San Felipe Road, through Ranchita, onto Montezuma Valley Road and into Borrego Springs, some have estimated an hour long detour.

Call them today to POLITELY express your displeasure at closing this road at the busiest time of the off road season.

619-688-2556 or 619-688-6670.

They are meeting TODAY (Wednesday the 8th) to decide if they should attempt to reschedule it with the contractor. They said they have only received a few calls and are paying attention to whether people are concerned about this or not.

Please call right away to discuss the hardship for thousands of off roaders traveling that path and encourage your friends to call too!

If you don't get this in time to call on Wednesday, call anyway, because they need to hear from us. We suggested they wait until after President's Day weekend or even Easter to do this.

Thanks!

Sherri Kukla
Editor/Co-Publisher

Top Bottom