Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm looking to replace the 6 tires on my RV, looking for 245/70/19.5 G rated tires. If anyone has a decent hookup anywhere between Pharr Texas and Winnipeg, Manitoba let me know. Only interested in competent heavy duty shops capable of properly lifting a 36 foot RV for installation.

Here's a link to a rough route we plan to take. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...249974,-68.90625&spn=55.622238,139.746094&z=3

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You could probably save a few dollars south of the border. ;) Not sure what tire prices are like outside of my area but here you almost need to take out a second mortgage! I paid nearly $750 for light truck tires/mounted/balanced. Best I could do for 60K mile tires. RV tire prices are outrageous so bring cash and plenty of it.
PS, bringing the bikes?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
There isn't a chance in hell I'm driving this rig into Mexico, went to Nuevo Progresso by foot and I'm always thrilled to come back without any bullet holes in my body :laugh:

So far I've got a hook up in Minnesota for Goodyears for $2100 and Michelins for $2400 Just waiting for the confirmation of whether that was tax in or not before giving him the go ahead to order.

Sadly no bikes this year we flew down to drive my folks home, I am looking for a bike I can leave down here in their garage for these trips in the future.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
For what it's worth, when I was driving a big truck, I always liked the Michelins over Goodyear tires. But nothing beats a Bridgestone.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Michelin is my choice at this point, Bridgestone for whatever reason has done a real poor job of grabbing the RV market to this point.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Progresso?! I love that place! Spent some quality time with the federal policia for being a smartass...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Chili said:
Previous experience would lead me to believe a competent shop can do the job in about 2.5-3 hours

That's what I was thinking. When I was changing tires we were doing work for a towing company. They had 19.5s on thier trucks. Those are some heavy sons a beeches, especially for a 145 lb 17 year old. We used to balance them with pound on weights like a car but lately we've been using internal beads. Those beads sure take alot of the hassle out of the process. So does the fancy new tire machine we got with it's lift and 85 arms. :whoa:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Bridgestone tires & low cost don't belong in the same sentence, however, you do get what you pay for.
An internet tire research quest & my unending curiosity is how I realized that the kiwibird had registered the P.C. back in 2001, & look what happened.....(last Oct.) :)
All the teamster mechanics & drivers I know preach dunlop, michelin, bridgestone,or general, brands. Good luck :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
You can leave your bike in Ozona at the park and we will keep it tuned and ready to ride for you ...

We prefer punkin bikes though :rotfl:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Michelin had a horrible run on RV tires for awhile. I think they have the blowout issues fixed on the newer 19.5s. I have had Bridgestone, Michelin, and Goodyears. I prefer the Goodyear 670s. Designed specifically for RVs and have UV protection which is typically what causes the RV tires demise not wear. I have 23,000 miles on mine and have had great luck.

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/products/g670.html

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Jay I had the 670's on my rig, they were original and way overdue to be replaced with 45,000 miles and 10 years on them. Went with the Michelin's, sure hope any issues they had are resolved, was a much nicer ride home from Minneapolis on them than what was on there.

Top Bottom