allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
Hi all,

I'll be heading to Silver Lake dunes in Michigan this year and one of the requirements is a 10' rectangular safety flag for the bike.

I've checked everywhere I can think of and the biggest I can find is a 6 footer and it's triangular.

Anyone know off hand where I might find such a thing, keeping in mind I dont mind doing some mild fabrication?

Thanks in advance.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It should be easy to make the flag itself, then you just need a 10 foot rod to hold the flag..

Maybe you can get one somewhere close by the dunes...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I've found some 8 footers but again triangular. I'd check some of the California shops since these would be all over anybody out in Glamis.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I'm sure you'll find one close to the riding area for $$$. Sounds like an odd spec only they will have.

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
Chili said:
I've found some 8 footers but again triangular. I'd check some of the California shops since these would be all over anybody out in Glamis.

An 8 footer could actually work for me. If I mount it near the rear fender, that would put it at about 11 feet or so off the ground. Sweet Jesus, I'm going to be hitting low flying air craft. :laugh:

Any Idea where you saw those flags Chili?

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
just get a 10' cb whip, not only will you be safe and within regulation, youll also be able to talk to people on the other side of the country

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom