Scott Tear-offs

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Has anyone bought a pack of Scott tear-offs lately!?

I have used Scott goggles for years and I always run tear-offs. It is pretty normal to take a pine branch in the face here in the Michigan woods so your lenses can get pitch on them. Tear-offs do a great job of extending their useful life.

I bought a tear-off kit pack yesterday (10 tear-offs and plastic holder thingys) and found the tear-offs to be half the thickness of those in the last package I bought. They are worthless IMO. I ripped the first one I tried to stretch over the posts and they don't fit tight to the lens like the thicker ones. I measured them and the old ones were .0045in thick while the new ones are .002in!

I guess I will be switching back to Oakley goggles next time I need a new pair! :|

Man, in this day and age it is impossible to type the word goggle. I keep typing google! LOL! :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I have noticed the thinner and poor fit also. Thought we bought a bad batch at a race so bought another the next week- same thing. Now I won't buy them without opening the package to see which ones they are.
I actually asked Bevo about it at Redbud but he just shook his head and walked away.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…