Scotts Damper Accessory

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Howdy,

I just took a gander at dirt-bike-gear.com and saw that they had a nifty accessory for the Scotts - a neoprene cover. May be something worthwhile for people that don't have a crossbar protecting it/ or the rider. If it's as well made as their bags, it should be pretty good.

Best,
Greg

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Greg, after reading this post, I went & ordered 2. I've only received them today, so haven't put them on yet. The one thing that concerned me about Henk's TM was the steering damper being in your face, whereas I've got a crossbar on the KDX, so it didn't bother me. After looking at them, I'm going to put the 2nd one on the KDX (I'd bought it as a spare).
Thumbs up so far. Will post about ease of installing later.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
There's a guy here in Abq. that makes the bracket to moount a scotts to your front fender a la W.E.R. I'm not sure what he charges for it though. It's pretty simple, and gets it out of your face.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Good luck with them, Michelle. Part of the reason I ordered 7/8" bars w/ my Scotts was so that I'd have a crossbar in the way. I think Answer now has a Fatbar with a crossbar (somebody does - read the article in one of the moto mags).

Best,
Greg

MarkSims

Feb 9, 2004
YZ165 said:
There's a guy here in Abq. that makes the bracket to moount a scotts to your front fender a la W.E.R. I'm not sure what he charges for it though. It's pretty simple, and gets it out of your face.

Hey YZ165: Do you know how I can contact this guy?

Thanks, Mark

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
MarkSims said:
Hey YZ165: Do you know how I can contact this guy?

Thanks, Mark

His name is Johnathan.....hmmmm...I'll look him up and get back to you.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
A Scotts damper is a Scotts steering damper - http://www.scottsperformance.com/. It helps with both the front end bouncing off of obstacles and high speed stability. In regards to the accessory, I found a neoprene cover to help protect either the damper and/or the rider if its mounted on the top clamp with an oversize handlebar (no crossbar). I like having my crossbar but I know others that have an oversize bar.

Best,
Greg

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Ah ha!

Its a steering damper! I didnt realise you could get them for off road bikes.
Bloody expensive tho!

Thank you

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
I have liked the Scotts so much on my KDX that I've thought about putting one on my CBR.

Best,
Greg

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
The gentlemen's name is Johnathan Butterman. His company is called Butterman Tool. The phone # is (505)891-2758. If you want any more info, let me know.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…