DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Bought some new seal grease the other day at the auto store it seems really good its PERMATEX ULTRA SLICK with PTFE teflon (white). It doesnt really have those long hairs so to speak its super slippery .Way Way slipperier than regular white grease. Now we didnt test this with an inch pound drag meter but I can tell you that the forks feel much slicker with less stick than reg grease.Probably good for linkages too if you load the bearings up and dont powerwash the snot out of them. Its cheap too so it rates way up there on the DEANERDUDE scale.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
DEANSFASTWAY said:
Its cheap too so it rates way up there on the DEANERDUDE scale.

LOL Dean thats a classic!!! :worship:

i think you may find one or two fans of that seal grease also. :) I couldnt find it locally, but i got some SLick 50 synthetic grease with added PTFE- kind of greyish and not stringy either.

all of this got me thinking, i wonder what would happen if we ran say 10% of the slick 50 engine treatment in our fork oil????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ps- let me know when i should stop thinking! :thumb:

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Bc i used to add some prolong in the shock oil blend i was trying but not the forks . Back in the day i think it was techniplate that used to add black moly in their fork oils. If and when you changed out the oil your hands would be stained up all black . probably not good for the service guy .

frankrock363

Sponsoring Member
Jan 21, 2004
Hey Dean shoot me the part number of that PERMATEX grease. Sounds like I gotta have it. I don,t think it is in the Permatex book I have but as long as I have the part # my guy should be able to get it for me.

PS. Etown 7 days and counting. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom