TRUST

Dec 1, 2007
I just got my new Factory effex graphic kit which comes with a seat cover.
How should I put it on?
Should I remove the original seat cover and then cover it, or
I can put it on the original seat cover?

Thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I take the old one off. Some people go over top. I find it difficult to staple it down when there's already staples in there.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
And when you're stapling it to the base, use a LOT of pressure on the staple gun. Otherwise, the staples won't penetrate the plastic seat base very well.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
And DO NOT use staples longer than a quarter inch, it hurts to sit on a sharp staple. :yikes:

Don't ask me how I know. :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Air driven stapler :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I take mine to the automotive upholstry place. They always look at the seat and ask "what the hell is THAT for?" They do a great job for a little cash.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The pneumatic stapler is what led to me being poked in the arse with staples. The shortest ones I could find for it came about a quarter inch through the seat base. Toward the rear of the seat the staples came right through the cover.

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
I just figured out this fall that they are too hard if you put it over the top. hit some whoops and its spanking you like a paddle. take off the old one and remember to use a heat gun to get it all warm so its steachy then when it cools when your done with the seat its tight like factory.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
whenever i cannot get staples short enough for seat covers i cut them down... that way i never end like joe :nener: , neither the staple make a hole in the new seat cover...

inotocracy

Apr 22, 2008
Unless you've got a good (expensive) automatic stapler don't bother. I had the hardest time trying to get the staples into the seat base I gave up and went to Osh and bought a manual one. :( I pull the sides tight, staple, then pull the front and back, staple, then go around and tighten everything, trim and staple some more. Here is a youtube video showing the process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgobmdRbBa0

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom