redeni

~SPONSOR~
Feb 8, 2003
I'm looking for a gripper seat cover - or if necessary - a new seat for a '90 KDX200. I cannot seem to find one for my bike.
Will a KX seat fit?? Is any kdx '89-'94 seat compatible??

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Ceet makes a gripper for the KDX. The part number is KDXGripper (not such a leap of thought there). I have one on my '91 and it looks great.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I got mine from a mail order house like Dennis Kirk.

I have ridden, and plan on riding often, at Paragon. I'm going to try to get there once a month this year. I'd also like to check-out Tower City, Roush and Jack Frost - although from what I hear Paragon is the best of them.

Where in PA are you? I grew up in Tannersville.

redeni

~SPONSOR~
Feb 8, 2003
I called Dennis Kirk and they said they don't have one for the '89-'94s. Will a '95-'03 fit? I checked CEET to and couldn't find anything. Help?

I grew up in Lititz - north of Lancaster. Tower City is like an hour from there and I've been going since I rode 3-wheelers...basically since I could walk.
Things have changed around a lot since then, but its still a blast. There's tons of variety with woods, open, and hill climbs. Lots of challenges!!
I'm in State College now so the trip is about 2 1/2 hours but well worth it.
I've been to Rausch its right up the street from Tower, but I haven't ridden there. Its $25 a day and mostly tracks. They have some hare scramble tracks now too - I plan on checking those out this year.
A couple friends of mine run Jeeps at Paragon and they also say its the best off-roading place. I gotta check that place out too. Do you need a membership to ride there?
cya on the trails!!
Erin

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
You're right. I checked Ceet's web site and they no longer list a KDX of any year. Even if you can find one, the '95+ will not work. Try calling Ceet directly and see if they have one sitting around. I'ts worth the effort because my seat is awesome.

There is a big ride planned at Paragon on May 3 & 4. Check it out under the places to ride forum. It's listed as the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders. No membership is required to ride at Paragon. Bikes and ATV's are charged $25 per day. Well worth the price.

I think the hare scramble loop at Rausch Creek is actually on Tower City's land. There is some kind of sharing going on there.

I'll let you know when I'm heading to one of the trails off the I-81 corridor.

Gerg

May 7, 2002
I was looking at CEET's website, and they do still list seat covers for older KDX's Go to http://www.ceetracing.com/text/seats/kawasakiseats.html and click on "KX Stock" for instance, and scroll down. There's a choice for "KD002 KDX 200 89-94 BLUE"

They don't have a gripper listed, but at least they have a stock replacement.

Rocky Mountain (www.rockymountainmc.com) also lists the CEET Standard seat cover for 89-94 KDX200's.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Ah Ha. You can still get the Gripper for the E model KDX's. It's the same cover for the '88 and up KX500's. Ceet's model number is KX528. It's a black gripper with green graphics on the sides. You can check it out at ceetracing.com. Look for KX Gripper with Logo. It sells for $69.95.

I have this cover and it is well worth the money.

pekt

Aug 26, 2002
Hi!
I´m a Swedish enduro-rider and I wonder why a gripseat? I´m standing up on my KDX most of the time, it feels better and I don´t get tired so quickly. I´m not making fun of you people, just curiuos!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I stand a lot as well, but I do use the seat when I turn. The gripper seat has the grip material along the sides of the seat so you can rest your upper thigh against the seat and it stays planted to the bike.

And when I get tired after a long time riding I do like to sit.

Oh, most importantly, the Gripper seat looks cool.

redeni

~SPONSOR~
Feb 8, 2003
Yes it definitely looks a lot cooler than the stock blue seat.
It's also functional. When you're standing it helps to stabilize like Gary said.
I also like to pull some pretty good sized hills and it helps to have a gripper seat - helps to keep me forward!

Erin
1990 KDX200

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'ts 90% grippy. There is a smooth graphic on the rear quarters that I have never found to be a problem. This is really a great seat cover.

NX650

Dec 9, 2002
SmokinRZ,

I would be interested in your seat cover. Do you think it will fit an 89KDX200? Also what color is it? If you want to work out purchase details, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Finally, are you an RZ350 fan (I swear I've seen your name on the RZ forum)? I'm restoring one right now and they are a blast!

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
Well, I had a mint 85 RZ 350 for 14 years until two weeks ago. After years of turning down offers, I traded even for a virtually brand new WR250F. I know, I will regreat it one day but I still have the Daytona Special!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom