sotchong

May 2, 2005
Does anyone know where i could get more comfertabel seat/foam/cover for my 05 kdx. Went riding last weekend and my rear end hurt. :moon:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I found the tall, firm CEET foam combined with a gripper cover to work very very well for me when I had my KX. In general, most dirt bike induced butt pain is due to too soft of a seat imo (and the stock KDX seat is super soft). The tall seat improves the egro's as its taller in the middle and the same in the very front and back, making the bike more flat.

Jan 16, 2005
kdx seats are one of the most comfortable, and I'm a skinny-ass mofo that needs all the cushion I can get!...It sounds more like a bad case of monkey butt to me. There actually is a product called Monkey-Butt powder for riders. The actual ingrediant is calamyne powder. The stuff works.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Do you stand up when you ride?

Keep your butt off of the seat as much as possible ... you're not riding on the highway ... are you?

I agree - the KDX seat is pretty comfy.

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
I have to say, if your riding sitting down all the time your not riding hard enough, you have far more control standing up at any speed, so stand up and you ass won't hurt no more. Otherwise you could always tie a couch cushion to the bike....

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I agree with the above posts, but I have to still say a hard seat hurts your butt. My KX seat foam was hard as a rock, I don't see the advantage myself. But I found out about gutsracing.com. They sell seat foams from hard to soft. I put a soft one on my bike and now I can sit without getting sore. Check them out.

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
KX02 said:
I agree with the above posts, but I have to still say a hard seat hurts your butt.

Being a trail bike the KDX's seat is nearly twice as thick as the KX's, and nearly twice as soft (ok so I might be exaggerating a little.) The KDX seat is infamous for being comfortable on the long haul (as opposed to a mx seat.) Others have suggested to stand, which truly does wonders with your handling and your bum. But is it comfortable for you to stand? I never really stood all the time untill I got the bike setup for me. Being 6'2 this required 1" universal 7/8" risers under the handlebars, which truly made a night/day difference. And Pro-Taper bars. Between all the mods on my bike the suspension, and getting the handlebars setup to me have made the biggest impact on my speed through the woods. I'm sorry if I got off the subject... :blah:

Powerlock25

Jan 21, 2005
if you are still interested in new seat foam

then click this posting...I went with a gutsracing.com cover. Very nice!! I think the tall/medium one
good luck

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I went from riding a Honda XR 250 to a 2000 KDX 200 and I can honestly say that the KDX seat is no where near as soft as the XR. The seat on the KDX kills me whereas the XR seat was like air. I even wear riding shorts and the KDX seat still hurts. I have also ridden a few motocross bikes and even my brothers KTM 250EXC and I can say that the KDX seat is a lot softer than those bikes. I would probably put the KDX seat in the middle of the softness meter. I've heard that drilling holes in the foam will make them softer...never tried it though.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I'm trying. :) The XR is kind of like riding a couch through the woods. I can't seem to get used to the 2 stroke vibrating the taters...I kinda like it. :) Seriously, I am trying to learn to stand up a lot more...slowly getting the hang of it.

Top Bottom