Shady Grove MX track Irving – Ride Report

SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
Pros.
It’s the closest track in the city of Dallas.
$10, ride all day.
It’s a good place to ride some 4-wheelers at a slow pace, such as utility quads and such. Next time I go, that’s what I’m taking.

Cons
Lax track, no helmet requirements or rules of any sort. Kinda of scary, I was waiting to have a head on collision with a few nut cases at any moment. People were going in all different directions.
The track is a glorified BMX track. The jumps are so steep and stubby that second gear will launch you straight up in the air.
Very dusty, no watering I could see, and a black clay base.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
You forgot to mention that it's a great place to destroy a back tire in a very short period of time!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First (and last) time there for me, I did a couple laps. Just about got taken out by a helmetless 2-up on a quad going the wrong way, witnessed a jeans wearing, no helmet/no sirt (did have goggles on!) "freestyler" cutting the track, quads spinning donuts in the pits.... I did my 2 laps and called it a day. I've never seen anything like it and hope I never do again.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000

Dang Okie, I was hoping we could meet up there real soon to get some of that trash can chicken that Charles cooks up. Heck, we don't have to ride - we can just go to eat! :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…