Shark Fin?

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hi everybody ;) How come i dont seem to find a decent shark fin for 95' or newer?? I have a 96' 200. Ive seen the Devol shark fin, but im not sure about that one yet. I know this has been a topic in the past but cant find the post anywhere.. Please Help... Thanx Speedy

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
Check out Frpoffroad.com, go to there catalog section if there isnt one there then maybe talk to jeff fredette.

dtsviper

~SPONSOR~
May 31, 2000
I have the Scott's SharkFin on my wife's '98 KDX-200. I raced that bike in Texas enduros for a couple of seasons and it held up very well! Yes, they are expensive, but I think the price was acceptable for the qulaity and durability of the unit.

Remember, it replaces the complete caliper mounting bracket. Can't get more solid than that!

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
The scotts is $$$ but nice. I looked at the moose one. Does anybody have the this one, i think i will order it today. Devol has a nice one but its a little plain for me. looks tough tho. God,, just a couple more months and i think i will be done with my 1 year full resoration on this 96. I will be posting pics ASAP!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Scotts unit is money but like it has been said it is worth the money. You are replacing the caliper bracket there. Also the unit is supported by the axle making it stronger.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Scotts is nice but i dont need to replace the brake bracket and im hoping my axle doesnt need to be any stonger,, lol. Moose is cheaper and looks tons better then either scotts or devol. But thanx everyone, anyway i have already ordered the moose.

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
The Devol mounts on the rear axle and includes a replacement spacer that's a little shorter than it should be. If I had to do it again, I'd call Fredette.

Freestyle, a Sharkfin is the thing on a shark's back.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
KDXFreestyle, you need to do a search, thats what some call the rear caliper guard.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…