bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
hi everyone my name is nick im from the uk and new to the forum, Im hopeing you could help me with a couple of things on my kdx 220, its a 1994 import that ive owned for a week, although it runs very well it does need attention, First thing is theres an oil leak from a 2 stroke oil pipe thats connected to the inlet between the carb and cylinder head, ive searched the internet but cant find this pipe and my local mx shop dont think its standerd but a modification, can anyone shed any light on this. second thing is ive lost my kickstart nut, is this a special thread as i cant get any nuts to screw onto the shaft. and finally can you recomend a gear oil, many regards Nick.

Dec 15, 2010
Hi nick...you say the bike is a early 90`s 220? ( the 220`s were only made from 98 onwards?) can you post a pic of this pipe that is connected to the head/carb..the kickstart nut i think isnt a special nut, any 15mm should do? i use rock oil in my 220s gbox & rock oil fully synth in the petrol mix hope this helps., p.s is yours the sr model with auto lube & metal petrol tank??

bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
hi thanks for the reply, i was confused with the year and it being a 220 but i thought maybe it was because its an import but according to the log book(registration book) its a 1994 kdx 220 and was imported in 1999, i will get some pictures up tomorow of the oil pipe.

EYY

May 22, 2010
Not all models have this, it sounds like you have a kdx200sr, the registerable version. You could just disconnect the oil line and run premix if you don't mind mixing your fuel. How do you know it's a 220? What number is stamped on the cylinder?

Posting pictures of your bike will help us to identify it for sure.
For gearbox oil, you can use pretty much any engine oil without friction modifiers. Many guys use type f ATF in their kdx's. Do a search if you want more info on this.

Cheers

bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
i will get some pictures up i just have'nt had the time, the number stamped on the engine is 216 and the registration documents back this up, thanks for the help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom