Shifter and rear brake lever

Acavin

Feb 15, 2002
I've trashed 'em both. I need a quality shifter, and I can't even find a company that makes rear brake pedals. Any help?
Thanks,
aaron

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Go for an IMS shifter. I've checked around for brake pedals too(large tendency to bend them no matter what) and no one has them. Just gussie up and order an OEM replacement. I'm seriously thinking of making a billett one this summer. I've got access to a machine shop and I could let you know how it goes.

Acavin

Feb 15, 2002
TMKDXER,
Definitely let me know if you can billett one of these bad boys. I'd go for it, cause I've already had my share of close calls due to not having the rear brake pedal in the proper position when I press down with my right foot (some very scary moments at high speed).

stinx

Jul 25, 2000
I have a o2 KDX 200 I trashed my shifter on the first ride. I got a replacement through Fredette racing. Fredett sellsa KDX shifter from a 94 Kdx I belive. The shifter looks identical however it is much stronger I have yet to bend it. Fredette told me that the earlier shifter where made out of a much stronger steel.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
When I owned my KDX, I upgraded to an IMS shifter (very similar to moose) and it never bent. I never found a replacement for the cheap brake pedal though... I think it is just something you have to accept when owning a japaneese bike. You automatically KNOW that the chains, sprockets, bars, and occasionally shifters and brake pedals, are simply junk. I have a pile of low quality OEM parts in a pile in my garage from the japaneese bike I have owned.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom