LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I know nothing about shipping so i have a few questions...

1. How much is shipping from CA to NY

2. Are there papers and stuff to sign to ship?

BTW this is to ship a dirt bike (kx100 = ])

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I can second Rich's suggestion. I used Forward Air once and had no problems. You use their box and you supply the tie down straps and 2 locks. They only service hub to hub. You have to drop off and the receiver has to pick up at the nearest airport hub. Depending on the size of the box you need, it's $350-$500.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I have shipped a few small dirtbikes through a trucking company that my company uses a lot. But to do that successful you have to build a good crate. Most trucking company's offer really good skid rates. That's if your crate will fit on a 48"X48" skid.
I've never used forward air but heard a lot about them and its all good. Without a loading dock and towmotor to handle the skids Foward Air is worth looking into.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
it will cost you somewhere between $300 and 450-500. its not cheap. I use forward air from time to time. just had a bare fzr400 frame (maybe 40 lbs) shipped from MN to Va, cost me about 100$; also about a year ago i had a Blazer co2 laser (about 220Lbs) shipped from CA to Va. standard size pallet, 2 ft tall. cost me almost $300. Neither were insured. You are shipping a full bike so it will have to be strapped to a pallet of proper size or crated. this ads a good bit of size and weight to your shipment. In most cases unless its a high dollar bike like a harley, its not worth it to have it shipped.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom