Shock Noise

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I replaced my stock springs with mx-tech springs(to suit my weight) yesterday(2000 cr250). Everything went smoothly. Once I got it back together and set the preload on the rear shock, it started making a squishing sound when pressure is applied. It has never done this before. I did not mess with anything on the shock or damage anything besides switching the spring. Why would switching the spring cause the shock to produce noise? Could it be from turing the shock upside down and the oil is moving around oddly? It is not leaking or anything. I havent even moved the bike.

P.s, I am impressed with the mx-tech springs, they are really nice. I wasnt expecting an orange spring, but it does match nicely with the new black I am putting on my bike. (my school colors are orange and black, Yea!)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Either the sock spring is rubbing on the body or its the plastic guard that hangs off the airbox.They often rub and produce that noise.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its more like i have a good memory for stupid things(i never remember names) and i have been involved in mx siince 85(i was 13 then).Good luck.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…