teggers

Nov 30, 2001
I went 6 for 6 motos on Sunday at Dade. Took three OA's. Thanks for your help.

It really didn't seem like I was riding that fast or hard. I figure I had an extra 3 seconds a lap if I needed it, but the bike just rode nice and easy and I barely broke a heavy breath. The point is - is that everyone was complaining that it was really rough and I just didn't feel it. It was a pleasure knowing my bike was that much better.

I feel that it is still not as good as could be... that's scary! It still seems to wander coming out of turns. Bottoming resistance and progression was excellent on flat landings - as good as my 98' that I raved about. It still seem a little "uncontroled" going into sand corners.
Thanks again.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Thanks a lot Tim. It's really nice to hear when a customer is so happy. I heard you kicked butt. They said no one was even close to ya. Let me know if you want to make any changes and I will be happy to help. Good job!!!

doc

PS....your springs came in. Call me when you get a chance.

Seth_88

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2000
shockdoc- Do you think the suspension on the 03 CRF450 is pretty good stock? I read that the CRF is sensitive to sag settings. How much do you recommend on the bike?

teggers

Nov 30, 2001
The 03' is mounds better than the 02' in the forks. I couldn't even ride the 02'-stock. The rear shock (03) is ok for hard pack, not for sand. Sorry - just my thoughts.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Tims right, the '03 forks are better. They have a new larger comp. piston and seem to have more adjustability. The shock is close to the same except for a stiffer spring. The rebound stack needs some attn. like last year. You need to keep the sag around 90-95mm's.

doc

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom