Shooters at Fort Hood!

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
This is extremely sad news. I need to make some calls as I have a cousin that is (last I knew) stationed there.

...that the shooter, Major Malik Nadal Hasan...
What a shock. :think:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
He was upset about being deployed, was against the war, made some rather concerning statements about suicide bombers and that the people in Iraq/Afghanistan should fight the "aggressor" (the U.S.). Yeah, his belief system played no part in it.

Sorry, but I call them like I see them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Firing squad for him!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Patman said:
Firing squad for him!

Instead, he will get the best medical care we can provide, followed by a monumentally expensive trial (a court martial will be proclaimed unfair). Six years from now, he'll get sentenced to life in prison.

From what I hear, he got a tax payer funded education through medical shool, too.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002

Every bit of that is "alleged" and was over 6 months ago with no action on the part of the investigators who would only speak anonymously.

I see someone who took an Arab name and made the instant leap to terrorist, had the guy who snapped been Joe Smith I doubt you'd give that angle a second thought. That's how I see it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Frankly I don't care what color, sex, or religion this could set a standard that needs to be nipped in the bud. He was in the military, was more than willing to accept a paid for education and future retirement therefore he gets to accept the same punishment he was willing to dole out, a life sentence is a joke for something like this, a slap in the face to everyone.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If he doesn't swing from a rope just prior to meeting allah and his 72 boyfriends, there is no justice.

I say, profile early and often...but that's just me.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Isn't there a charge called "treason", and a uniform code of military justice? What's the latest position of the military on the concept of capital punishment? It sure seems like a good idea to use it in this case.

Know what: We see more & more of this kind of stuff going on, not because of the easy-to-find access to guns, but because we aren't teaching people how to resolve conflicts properly. You can teach an hour of conflict management in school, over and over, but when some guy goes home to watch four hours of prime time TV murder shows, guess which form of conflict resolution he remembers best? Hard to say, but I do know one thing: This guy was single and should have worked his frustrations out on a dirtbike, then gone home tired & happy.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002

Agreed.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
dirt bike dave said:
Six years from now, he'll get sentenced to life in prison.
Doesn't Texas still have the death penalty? I think they do. If not send him back to his home state of Virginia, beause we still do

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
MXSparx said:
Doesn't Texas still have the death penalty? I think they do. If not send him back to his home state of Virginia, beause we still do

I have no knowledge of US Military stuff but wouldn't they have Jurisdiction over this matter? Would the law and penalties differ?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chili said:
I have no knowledge of US Military stuff but wouldn't they have Jurisdiction over this matter? Would the law and penalties differ?

The military should have jurisdiction, but you never know anymore. FWIW, there has been a strong push to put enemy combatants into the regular justice system, with the same rights to defense any US citizen has.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Hey, I just go by the info the news gives me. Not that they get things right but that is all the info I have to go on. Considering the info given I think my conclusion is fair. However, how you see it is right as well. It just differs from mine.

Okiewan said:
Yes, he'll have to deal with Uniform Code of Military Justice ... He won't be getting any love from the public sector.
From what has been reported (again, if the news is correct), he killed a civilian and, therefore, could also be prosecuted under laws of the state in which the crime was committed.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Why would you want that? Civi court sucks... he committed the crime on a base, UCMJ baby. But then again, I'd rather he get to spend a nice long life, loced-up and missing allah and his 70 virgins.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Okiewan said:
Why would you want that? Civi court sucks... he committed the crime on a base, UCMJ baby. But then again, I'd rather he get to spend a nice long life, loced-up and missing allah and his 70 virgins.
I don't. Just saying that the civilian authorities can have a stab at him as well. However, if he did end up in a civilian prison he wouldn't get his 70 virgins before he got his 70 "Bubbas"! :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SS109 said:
I don't. Just saying that the civilian authorities can have a stab at him as well. However, if he did end up in a civilian prison he wouldn't get his 70 virgins before he got his 70 "Bubbas"! :cool:
Are you thinking a civi prison is tougher? Do a little research on prisoner's rights. Throw a soldier murderer in with soldiers? Not pretty and no ACLU looking over their shoulder.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Okiewan said:
Are you thinking a civi prison is tougher? Do a little research on prisoner's rights. Throw a soldier murderer in with soldiers? Not pretty and no ACLU looking over their shoulder.
Oh, I know what would happen to him in a military prison. This fella is going to be hurtin' no matter where he ends up. He will pray for death long before the boys in either prison are done with him.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Good news!

John Allen Muhammad went to Hell yesterday.

Hopefully Hasan will be joining him soon.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Unless I am not reading this correctly, how did a man, armed with two handguns, run around and shoot 40 people on a military base?? How come he wasn't over powered?? Reports have it that he shot some people 2 and 3 times each. he didn't shoot just 40 rounds but more like 80 rounds and MORE !!!!

I just feel like there is more to this tragic event then what we know at this point.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…