gunreba

Sep 8, 2002
Ordered a shop manual for a 2002 KDX220 from the local shop. My son picked it up today. Looks like we got the KDX200 manual. What would be the difference in the two manuals, if any. Other than the carburetor and piston/cylinder dimensions? Pretty much the same bikes aren't they?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The bikes are pretty much the same. The differences between them wouldn't be in the 'take apart/put together' part kof a service manual anyway.

The 200 has a 35mm carb, the 220 a 33mm.

The port timing on the cylinders differ. That's just going to amount to the height/size of the ports pretty much. Cylinders come off the same.

Certainly a different piston/cylinder dimension...as you say.

Other than that, yep. Pretty much the same.

I'm not looking at mine...but I don't know that they even MAKE different svc manuals for the two bikes........

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Kawasaki published a supplement for the 220 that is supposed to be used with the KDX200 shop manual ( the one you have). The supplement contains six pages that are basically charts outlining the differences between the 200 and the 220. The most useful part is the page with the top-end clearances. The part number (for the '97 edition) is 99924-1204-51

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Yup, I ordered the 200 manual then the 220 supplement. It just has service limits and clearences for the top end and such.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom