Votes: 2 100.0%
  • yz 250

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mborko271

May 28, 2014
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)-6,1 230
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? intermediate
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX
4) Do you have any riding experience? started on a 50 I have a 2013 rmz 250 now and race weekly
5) Do you think you will race ? Every weekend
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I do all my own motor work. Can't do suspension or anything else.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?Im riding a 13 rmz 250 I want a rmz 450
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? everthing
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? have enough for a new one
11) Your age? 15
I wrote some basic stuff I want to move to a 450 because when ever im racing I feel as if I don't have enough power during the start I always get the jump off the gate but afgter that don't have the power to pull me fast enough I also have some trouble clearing jumps on this bike

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You aren't all that big at 230lbs, and if you can't be fast enough on a 250F then a new bike isn't going to fix it. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you are going too slow because you aren't a good enough rider. The good part is you are only 15 so you have lots of time get a lot better, and you are more likely to become a more skilled rider on your current 250f. This is the same discussion people have had since the 70s when young guys thought their 125cc two-strokes weren't enough. History has clearly shown that guys rarely if ever fixed their "I'm not fast enough" issues by jumping on a bigger more powerful bike.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
LOL! Cuz you KNOW from experience that I am RIGHT. I seem to remember a certain Okie out at the OTN who was much faster on his YZF250 than he ever was on his super trick Service Honda AF500, and I know for a sad fact that I was always faster on OT's stock 250F, my CR125 and my RM150 than I was on my tricked to the gills CRF450. I was every bit of 235lbs so I can't blame anything but a lack of required skill for the outcome.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…