shoulder - ac joint

CR69r

Jun 1, 2003
i've got the damage right on top of the shoulder - ac joint. i've stretched it out enough so that my collarbone pokes up now- although it isn't even broken. don't think i've torn anything bad enough to warrant surgery because the pain would be worse i would think. anybody had this?
how long were you out?
any tips?

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Oh man, those are painful and slow healing. I did mine about 15 years ago, and the bump at the end of my shoulder never went away. Start treatment with lots of ice. A sling will aleviate alot of the pain caused by the weight of your arm pulling on the injury. There is a special sling for AC separations that works very well. You probably won't need surgery unless you have Impingement Syndrome, which is characterized by a clicking sound or grinding sensation when you rotate your arm above your head. You may be able to ride in a couple months or less, but the injury will probably persist for much longer. Just keep icing it after every ride.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…