Sidi Tae Flex boots, opinions?

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I need some opinions on the Sidi Tae Flex, as I am considering a pair. They are on sale for $180.00 thru Montonation. I ride mainly tight trails with plans on doing some enduros. Please give me your opinions/advice.
Thanks,
Michael

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
so far so good

I have a pair....pretty picky about my boots, and felt that SIDIs were the most protective out there...
Very very short break in time, very comfortable right out of the box....
If you have huge huge thighs or going to wear a knee brace....they may not be quite thick enough up top. You can relocate the screws and get the extra room though...
Feet, at least the bottoms, they are wonderful. Very stiff sole plate...little to no felt shocks transmitted to the bottom of my feet.
Build quality it what you would expect for this price of boot....and spare parts are readily available.
I have had mine soaked and banged etc quite few times, hard trail running...and jammed my boot on roots, rocks etc (me being stupid and hanging my feet low :uh: ) and not even a tweak anywhere.
I would buy again, and if and when (when is the key...) these ever wear out...SIDI will be my boot of choice, unless there is something else on the drawing board that offers more protection than these....dont think so yet...
I wold recommend these boots to anyone looking for a high quality boot with superb protection capabilities.

Good luck....

HR
:cool:

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Thanks Hawaii rider,
I do have the astrick cell knee supports, I wonder if the tae's wil flex enough up top? You say you can relocate the screws, oh and I have 16 inch calves, so not sure if the supports will make that much of a difference.
Thanks again

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I have doubts about a person with 16 inch calves fitting with knee braces. Read the review though, because their is alot of calf info in it.

The boots are awesome. Great support, awesome feel, high quality, and most parts are replacable. Sidi's warranty support is also superb. The only gripe I have is the lack of a toe plate. Mine are kinda chewed up from the pegs.

BTW, dont get white, it gets burnt and stained easily.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I've been riding with a pair since last summer. It's a decent boot.

Pro:

Comfortable
Very protective
Waterproof

Con:

Stiff. Brake feel not as good as a more flexible "enduro" boot. The pivot point means that other areas of the boot take longer to break in.

2nd lowest buckle is too short. I could not close it. I had to order the longer buckles to be able to close it.

The metal toe-thing tends to pull out a bit after awhile.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…