moore_716

Jun 1, 2005
I replied to someone about how to pack a silencer. I have been doing this the way I wrote(super tight, lots of packing, and a layer of masking tape) for quite a while now. I even read an article in MXA and they said the same thing. Today I talked to one of the owners of silent sport packing and found out that I have been doing this wrong. The packing should only be snug. If the packing is to tight you will get the same results as if the packing is no good. The layer of tape is ok(masking tape will burn out from the heat.). Sorry, if I mislead anyone it was an accident. I've since repacked my own silencer too. :bang:

Colorado

Apr 2, 2005
moore_716 said:
I replied to someone about how to pack a silencer. I have been doing this the way I wrote(super tight, lots of packing, and a layer of masking tape) for quite a while now. I even read an article in MXA and they said the same thing. Today I talked to one of the owners of silent sport packing and found out that I have been doing this wrong. The packing should only be snug. If the packing is to tight you will get the same results as if the packing is no good. The layer of tape is ok(masking tape will burn out from the heat.). Sorry, if I mislead anyone it was an accident. I've since repacked my own silencer too. :bang:

CRAP! I repacked every silencer in the neighborhood for $20 a pop! Now ! better move. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
moore_716 said:

I put two rounds of masking tape at each end, and in the middle of the new packing, and I have never had the masking tape burn up. Glass bead tape is definately better, but it is also more expensive to use. I do agree that you want it snug, but not too tight.

Top Bottom