Zacharus

Dec 3, 2005
i am either getting: Powercore 2 - 119.99
TurbineCore 2 - 149.99
The "Q" - 159.99

i dont care if a certain pipe is too loud or if it has a spark arrestor or not

all i really care about is which pipe gives me the most overall power compared to stock

what i would really like to see would be dyno charts of a stock kdx200 and then with each individual pipe :bang:

what do you guys think about these silencers ?

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
Your not going to notice any noticable performance gains from a silencer. You will notice a weight savings though and you should be concerned about noise and spark arresting if you ride public areas.

Jul 25, 2005
i have a turbine core 2. it did save a lot of weight and with my 220 i noticed it would rev out a little further and had a little more midrange. sound was the same if not barely louder. by the way the turbine core and the Q are both spark arrestors.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I would go for the Turbine Core 2 or the Quiet Q. The slightly higher cost will more than make up for tickets you'd get for riding with no spark arrestor. Power output between those three will be close enough that pretty much no one would be able to tell them apart.

If you have a stock pipe I would replace that before even considering a silencer.
Stock pipe w/ aftermarket silencer might be worth 1/2 hp.
Aftermarket pipe w/ stock silencer might be woth 3-4 hp.

By the way, check out www.rockymountainatv.com for better prices on those silencer. I believe I paid $119 for mt Turbine Core II last year.

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
are you riding pinned the whole time? do you use %100 percent of the power of the bike? do you put yourself in the same class as rc, cr, bubba, or even barry hawk? if you answered no to either of these questions, get the "Q" and enjoy your riding areas. everyone needs to "care" about noise. I'm 6', 230 lbs and i can't use all of my 200's power. sure, pinned in short bursts, but not pro-style

Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
The FMF Q pipe makes the most power BY FAR! You will never see a dyno chart showing this because manufacturers do not want to lose sales of their shorty silencers which are much cheaper to make and therefore have a higher profit margin. In fact, some have said that the stock silencer spanks all others in sheer horsepower. Ever weigh the thing? That's it's only drawback, but that is the price of good engineering...

Top Bottom