babycleatus

Oct 19, 2004
When I bought my kdx I asked the store what they had been running in it. they told me belray, i new that this was pretty high preformence stuff, because that is what i ran in my Honda Piolet before I sold it. I asked the guy at Ross motor sports what to use if I wasnt raceing, he said to use silkolene comp 2-stroke oil, and mobil 1 red cap for the tranny. my bike was running rich, so I mixed it 40:1 it seems to run fine, but is this descent stuff? also where is a good place to get a pipe and a jet kit thanks alot

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
babyclea,

I've written this before re: pipes - contact Jeff Fredette (frpoffroad.com). You can get a used pipe and save $$. I'm happy I did. (But realize that it may not be pretty, not the "shiny new-I'll-put-it-on-the-kitchen-table-for-the first-day kind of thing) ;)

Jeff

Jake1234

Dec 26, 2003
I use Maxima Racing Oils, the Castor 927 oil, its the best ive ever used. Ive tried everything else, incuding the silkoleen stuff, and its not as good, it is good though dont get me wrong, but its not as good. The Maxima oil gives me way more power, and the bike runs alot better and cleaner. It also has a great smell to it, like from the exaust, its quite neat:). There is also the Maxima K2 oil, which is a high RPM oil, its great for 125's and 80's. Its ok in the KDX, but I think the Castor 927 is better, give it a try! Has anyone hear ever used it before?

Jake :ride:

Top Bottom