Skid Plate

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Will a KX skid plate fit a KDX? I would like to get a carbon fiber skid plate but can only find them for the KX. Thanks

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
This doesn't answer your question but it's kind'a the same subject if you don't mind...do skid plates generally protect the linkage also or just the motor? If they don't protect the linkage, I'll have to wait and make one myself. Have you seen many of these? Thanx for any help, DVO.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
home made skid plate

i a sucker for trick parts, but I made my skid plate from an old road marker sign I got from work. It's almn. I just tookma piece of card board and bent it @ the shape of the lower frame. I transfered it to the sign, cut it with a jig saw with a metal blade, took a file to clean and round the edges.
In the front I attached it to the frame with 2 small hose clamps, drilled a hole for the oile plug. In the rear, I drilled 2 holes ran a strap across the frame and bolted it "sandwiching" the frame between the strap and skid plate.
It's been on there a little over a year, has a lot of scars on it so it works well, took @hour to make. I painted it before I put it up. It's not trick, just does the job, kinda like my bike!!

Joe 2001 kdx 200
2-TTR 125 Boy "A"'s and "B"'s

I went fast once! They had the siren on and everything !!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…