jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
hey my cylinder sleeve is worn out after just 6 months! what crap. well now I know why it was so cheap. and there was no deluxe one to choose in case you're wondering. typical latino crap. anyway what is the cost of a good sleeve? LAsleeve makes some good ones but the prices aren't listed. know the price? any other good sources? yikes, the first race of the year is in a couple of weeks. gotta beat them so they'll know gringos know motocross!

shr

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2002
Who did your sleeve job and who's sleeve did they use?

LA sleeves are very good and will last about as long as a plated cylinder.

A better choice is a NW sleeve, and it will out perform the LA sleeve.

You do know that a sleeved cylinder can be re-bored to a clean up size to restore to a fresh top end.

What happened to the sleeved cylinder you are having a problem with now?

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Here in S America everything is cheap and of low quality because everyone is poor. The sleeve obviously was of a low quality metal. I use good quality synthetic oil so thats not why it wore down so fast. The sleeve, custom windowing, and install only cost $50.
Yes I know that I can have it bored and then install a larger piston. But I want a good quality sleeve in it, not this ****. I don't want to take it to their shop every 6 months for a rebore or resleeve.
They don't offer any quality sleeves because theres only about 4 guys in town who are serious riders that have plenty of cash. And maybe they don't even know that their sleeves are crap.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Send it to RB-Designs and have Mr. Ron fix it up quick.

You didn't say if YOU were one'a the 4 guys in town with the $$....;)

Several outfits bore and replate. Once a sleeve has been installed I'd imagine you're kinda stuck with it. They don't plate .250+" thick as far as I know. ;)

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I just took it apart and measured the piston cylinder clearance last night.
Started out 6 months ago with .003" and now it has .006" !!!
I only raced it once in that time period and I practice once a week, but actually it was so hot that for 3 months I only practiced once every 3 weeks.
I don't have a lot of money to spend and so I don't want to fedex it to the states. Better to just import a sleeve. LAsleeve told me they could do a custom sleeve for my SR for $175. NWsleeve don't have a sleeve for the '89 KDX200.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom