Josht3719

Jan 28, 2009
I'm soon to get me an '04 TTR 250. I don't have much experience but bare with.

It already has an FMF pipe on it, and other than that completely stock. I was just wondering what, if any, kind of slight mods or replacements i could do to up me HP :)

Thanks in advance :ride:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
If you don't have prior experience riding dirt bikes I would recommend that you leave it just the way it is for a while. More power will just get you into more trouble.

When you get to the point that you can handle and need more power, sell the TTR and buy a bike that was designed for higher performance.

Rod

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
While I'll agree with Rod that the TTR250 isn't really a "racer", per se, I have seen a box-stock TTR250 race . . . and win.

Mophuka

Jan 14, 2006
you could change the rear sprocket and add a couple of teeth to it. You would be surprised how just adding two teeth to the rear pep it up a little. this does not always mean more is better. I only do two teeth at the most, but that is just personal prefferance. you could change the front sprocket by dropping it down one tooth. this is the cheaper of the two. If you do change either one always check chain clearance, so that is isn't rubbing on anything. by no means will these changes make it run like a 250 motorcrosser but maybe it will keep you interested in it a little longer and this will help you hone your skills alittle more before stepping up to your next ride.

also keep in mind that when you change sprockets this also affects the length of the chain. meaning if you add too many in the rear your chain could be to short and will need to be replaced, or by dropping one tooth in the front if the chain is worn out it could end up being too long and will have to be shortened.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Do a web search. There is a bunch of guys who love these bikes and there is a bunch of information on how to uncork them, rejet them and get much better performance.

For instance, in about 2 seconds, I came up with this:

http://www.ttr250.com/

And thumpertalk has about 60 pages of information on these bikes.
Good luck.

Top Bottom