holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Smellsomore

Well, I entered the Lake Elsinore GP Saturday..but I did something real strange .... I entered the unclassified and +50 Expert class. :whoa: I've hadn't run the expert class ever before .... the highest I've ever been is intermediate when I was 18 (amatuer in the Old Timers club doesn't count). But I got to thinking - what the heck, last place in the expert class is better than last place in the novice class. Damn .. what a revelation. :coocoo:

When I lined up in the second row, I felt like an imposter - a sheep in wolfs clothing.

The race was great, with a large water crossing that was existing before the event (it wasn't created specifically for the event). The crossing was in a sandy section, so the water was clean, but it got deeper as the races went on. Still, the clean water drops soon collected dust, so tear-offs were advisable. Unfortunately, I hadn't used the laminated tear-offs in years, so I tore them all off in one swipe (forgot the correct technique). Some parts of the original course were used.

All went without incident until the near the end of the last lap - someone crashed at this concrete dike thing .. I thought someone pointed to an alternate route, so I went on a little trip toward downtown Elsinore, until someone else told me to backtrack and proceed cautiously by the ambulance. Some people don't know how to point. :pissed:

New good things:

- transponders (you could just run the numbers you had .. no monkeying with tape.)

- paved pits with plenty of parking - save the dirt for racing

The bad:

- the 8 dollar Polish Dog that was 98% fat

Anyway........this thread is already way too long. Oh, I didn't do well in the expert class. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dang Ron. I wish you would have let us know you were riding. I was there and watched your race. The course looked like a lot of fun especially the part through the rodeo grounds. Do you know who won the +50 race? That guy had about a mile lead on second place.

If they keep the same course, I'll be riding it next year. :nod:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I think Ron Turner won the +50 (not sure), but Scott Meyers won the overall in the +40 class (same race) and lapped nearly everybody and shortened our race. :| Myers also won the +30 class.

Here's some pics of the water crossing

Attachments

• watercrossing2.jpg
    watercrossing2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 220
  • watercrossing.jpg
    watercrossing.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 218
Top Bottom