larryd

Aug 6, 2005
I ride an 03 220r, which I just traded for a xr650r- What a difference. This bike is perfect for the tight trails of southern Maine. I haven't been on a 2 stroker for twenty years, but I'm glad I got rid of that three hundred pound monster. I run Benol 32-1 and she smokes like a sailor, performance seems ok, she maybe could use a little more power if I'm climbing something big. Are there better oils out there? Do I have the right mix? Any help. Thanks

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Most run 40 to 1 on all synthetic oils. Debate on which ones are best, but branded two stroke all synthetic will be good. Then sounds like you need to work on your jetting! Whatever your configuration of pipes, etc., you will love the improvement that comes from proper jetting. Read up on it on this site and CD's pages. Ride safe and enjoy your KDX. Cheers John

funfactor1

Mar 13, 2005
Always run 50:1 synthetic in both of my bikes 05 YZ125 and 06 YZ250 and all the rest of my bikes over the years and they always run perfect never foul any plugs and are perfectly clean inside when they need to be torn down.If a bike is maintained and jetted for proper elevation you should never have a problem.just my 2-cents :ride:

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
I run 40:1 amsoil, and haven't rejetted........... just adjusted the air screw from factory (wouldn't idle) no probs yet......... bout a year of riding on 2 plugs

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom