Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
I was wondering. I have been jetting my KDX250 for a while and even when I get the jetting right, the bike still runs crackly from idle to 1/4 throttle. Keep in mind that I have done multiple high, mid, and low speed jet tests. My plug now is nice tan color and the bike is running better. But no matter what I do, still crackly inconsisten at that 1/8 to 1/4 throttle. It is killing me in the tight and hilly trails. I have checked for air leaks, checked the reeds, checked the compression.
One other thing. The stator backing plate has three marks on it. Possibly for timing. Mine is set all the way clockwise lining up the 1st (going from left to right) with the mark on the crank case. Could this be it?

I also had a guy tell me that most two strokes are crackly at these low rpms and throttle from 1/8 - 1/4. Is he right? This is my first two stroke in more than twelve years.

Can this KDX run smooth here or not? Thanks! :ugg:

Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
Thanks guys, I have done alot with the air screw. I am still working on it. So there is hope? I did not think that it was normal. Gonna try the BR8EG plug. Running the BR9ES right now. Whats the difference?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
Gladiator my bike is not a 250,but a newer 200.mine was a comment on the general 2stroke "clean up" at or off idle- mid circuit.an 8 is a hotter plug than a 9.if u run a 9,see if there is an eg in the 9.the eg has a finer electrode,it would seem that it has a stronger spark .all i know the bike runs cleaner w it.b carefull if u go to a hotter plug :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom