Snap ring on shock absorber 1998 HELP!

Larry K.

Oct 7, 2003
I took the spring off the shock a month ago (to have it re-valved) and for the life of me can not figure out where part# 92033A ring-snap shock absorber part goes. This is on a 98 KDX any help would be appreciated.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Larry K. said:
I took the spring off the shock a month ago (to have it re-valved) and for the life of me can not figure out where part# 92033A ring-snap shock absorber part goes. This is on a 98 KDX any help would be appreciated.
Look where the valve is to fill with nitrogen. It goes there. If you want to see a diagram go to www.buykawasaki.com and click on the tab near the center top of the screen labeled vehicle information. Then click on the pull down menu item view parts diagram. From there, follow the choices until you get to a 1998 KDX200. The right side menu on this page has a choice for shock absorber. This site really helps identify almost any part on any kawasaki made. Good Luck! Jerry

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
OPPS! me bad! that was for part 92033 not 92033A. 92033A goes just beneath the spring guide on the bottom. go to buykawasaki.com, you will see....

Larry K.

Oct 7, 2003
Still don't know

I have a manual, I also have been to the web site prior my first post, but I still can not figure out where part 92033A ring-snap shock absorber goes. The break down does not show where it goes it just shows that there is supposed to be one . I have shock and spring in my hand and can not see where it could possible go.

Thanks for any help

Larry

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
The only ones I remember are under the dust cover of the shock assembly. And there a wire retaining ring that holds the nitrogen bladder in the shock assembly. I can’t picture the rest of the shock in my head. But I will take a look at my manual when I get home.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom