r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
As far as I am aware, you should not need anything. If you buy the front spanny you may wish to change the gasket as it goes into the head but thats about it.

Aflica

May 23, 2004
i agree , put on a new o-ring gasket , and go riding and see if your jetting will need to be richen'd or not. most likely not , but do check it , as the pipe will lean it out a bit , Better breathing and all for the motor, and if the air box is un-modified , think about letting a little more air in , as now you can let more out.

layoutd

May 17, 2004
my bike was already jetted by eric gorr, so i guess an o-ring and i'm set, should i just go to my local shop and get the o-ring?

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
layoutd said:
my bike was already jetted by eric gorr, so i guess an o-ring and i'm set, should i just go to my local shop and get the o-ring?

Careful then as it should allready be jetted right without the pipe. Adding a pipe may make it run too lean.

In stock form the KDX can handle a pipe with no jet changes since it was really rich from the factory. BUT if it was allready set up perfect by Gorr, then it may be too lean with the pipe and no jetting changes.

HTH,

Phil

layoutd

May 17, 2004
so if it is running lean, what can I do to richen it up? is it a simple screw sdjustment on the carb, or am i going to have to change jets, reeds, etc

Top Bottom