so leave it off or put it back

Chriscorv5

Apr 5, 2004
I have it in my room, i can go down and pop it on tomm. I dont want to ride around if its going to hurt my bike but if its fine off, then im good. When i get all the mods i want ill just have to rejet it. I know what your going to say already but let me ask again. I am thinking about doing a head mod, port and polish, reed #607, reed spacer, gnarly tq. pipe, and a silencer with spark arrester. My question is how will i know how to jet the bike, im not good with jetting. I live in mass, and ride in 55-90 deg. weather.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
It won't damage anything to run a little rich, it just won't run great.

Learn jetting first so you can adjust the carb as you do the modifications, or they will be a waste.

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
Chriscorv5 said:
I have it in my room, i can go down and pop it on tomm. I dont want to ride around if its going to hurt my bike but if its fine off, then im good.

What the heck are you talking about? :think:

est142

Dec 30, 2003
personally, i would not remove the entire airbox lid, but drill multiple 3/8 holes in it instead. you will get the air you need, and keep the big crap out of the airbox. you MUST adjust the airscrew after that mod. small recessed brass screw on side of carb. effective range is from 1/2 to 3 turns out from fully seated. fully seated = max rich.3 turns out = max lean on the pilot circuit. adjust for highest idle speed/best throttle performance.that is a good point to learn about carb adjusting/jetting. you should be able to get the bike to run well with the airbox mod only...without changing jets.

Chriscorv5

Apr 5, 2004
i didnt mean to start 2 threads about the same subject but thanks for replying, im going to do what est142 said to do and hopefully get it to run right with it off.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Biz:

This is a 'new thread' 'post reply' choice error methinks.

He's talking about his airbox lid...comes from another thread.

So..I'll post the same thing here, too! ;)

Been to CDave's site to read his tuning tips? Know how to get there?

Read the 'Every kdx rider should read...' link referenced in the sticky thread on the top of this forum?

If so, great. Do what he says.

If not, do it. Great!

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
Oh...that explains it. Thanks....I was reading it a couple of times and saying to myself..."It's like he started typing halfway through his thoughts". Anyhow. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom