placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Who's going? I'm not; moving in two weeks. I've got and entry form if anyone is interested [email protected]

Be forewarned: this is not for sissies and whiners - it is one tough trail ride, gnarly and nasty. One year I went it never once stopped raining, and at one time it even hailed! Mud so slick it was like grease. The creeks were swollen too! And at one of the bottlenecks, there was in excess of 15 riders, not one of them anxious to go on...OK: enough of that - you do not want Kiwi to call you girly now, do you? Who's game?

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Ohhhh! I REALLY miss Soboba, wish I were there. Thx for the offer Placelast!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by placelast
One year I went it never once stopped raining, and at one time it even hailed

John. I remember that year. :scream: It started raining while we were on the starting line up and was pouring about 10 miles into the ride. It was so freakin cold, I could'nt feel my hands from the forearms down. Then it started to hail. :eek: The last 6 miles of that was the worst. I remember looking down at my handlebars. I could see my hands hanging on to the bars, just could'nt feel em'.

Then there was the year that it was so dry that most of the field did'nt make it past the first big uphill. It was like powder. Ya never know what to expect at Soboba.

Not sure if we are going to ride it this year or not but, thanks for the offer. :thumb:

Oh the things we do to ourselves in the name of fun. :confused:

Ol'89r

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom