Some big problems,

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
ok, first things first, when i ride my bike(street) at a stop light or whenever i stop the bike stays accelerated i grab the choke and it gets backl to normal but accelerate again if i grab the clutch and gear to first it gets ok, second, sometimes my bike if leaking gas from the carb.... thrid the bike is choppy when running i mean it runs ok but when reving up it like gagas a bit and gets back to normal.....

ok.. my carb has not changed any jetting issues so its not jetting its jetted the way it has always bean, the float level is ok... can anyone help me on these problems help would be greatly appreciated...... thx again

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I would suggest the following: Regarding not returning to idle RPM when you stop- your idle may be set too high- if it's a little too high, the engine will take a long time to drop back to normal idle RPMs.

Regarding the leaking gas, I would clean the needle and seat and see if it is closing and sealing, I would check the float bowl level, and I would check the float bowl gasket. (Also, while I had the bowl off, I'd take the jets out and clean them.) This is basic carb 101, but hopefully it may help.

Good Luck-
JCW

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
my bika has a needle but it doesnt have a seat, people have told me it has it buiolt in the carb so i havent worried and the bike has never leaked, well once but that was float bowl, i'll try to clean out all the jets.... and the rpm thingy were can i lower it? i'm a real newbie...
my bike is a 1993 kdx 125sr

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…