blndebmbr

Apr 9, 2007
Hey ladies! It's nice to see some familiar names on here!!!

Made it through my first MX race (and the wedding). I had an absolute blast! I did not finish dead last, crashed a few times but overall just had a ton of fun. I will be back!!!

blndebmbr

Apr 9, 2007
Race report? Mainly that I survived is the great news! HAHAHAHA!

I was VERY nervous. I had never been to an MX race before nor had I ever been on this track. I think I have 10 hrs of MX experience, if that. So going out there was very intimidating.

I got two whole laps in during practice. Because I am an idiot, I chopped the throttle in a hard right hand turn and fell over~it was hysterical. Then this girl came up behind me and landed on my bike. They got stuck together. It took two guys to help us get her footpeg unwedged from my chain and tire. We were laughing the whole time....She was awesome about it. I wish I knew who she was so I could thank her for being so cool. But the majority of practice was spent getting our bikes apart. I was happy to get the two laps.

Race time. Well, because I am an idiot (all laughs here), I had my wheel tight on the gate. So when the gate dropped...mine didn't. I was like, "WTH? Oh...hahahaha!" I backed up the bike and the gate went down. Then I just twisted the throttle and went. I made it through the first jump and relaxed from there.

There were all kinds of terrain. First of all, the high temp was 40 degrees so some of the mud balls turned into mudcicles and made it difficult for a rookie like me to negotiate. Then there were some incrdible mud pits that you just had to hold on and gun through. I liked the sand the best. We rode a lot of sand last year and due to my ice riding, I am just fine with the slide and grip of sand. The regular dirt is where I have issues...not sure why. Lack of saddle time, I am sure.

Anyway, by the third lap I was feeling pretty good about myself. I wasn't completely left behind by everyone and I felt comfortable. My speed was good (for me) and I felt in control. Then I came to the mongo-scarey "Plateau" jump. I think I goosed the bike a bit more than any other lap, it felt great! Even my landing felt good! Then I saw the mudcicle filled hard left. I let my Survival Reactions get the best of me and I panicked. I ended up losing my front and eventually highsiding. But fortunately I was going slow enough that the bike just smacked me down on the ground. I managed to keep her running and got back up on two. I laughed and said to myself (at least it's on my right side~sidebar I broke my left clavicle in October-so that's why I was happy I landed on the right :rotfl: ). Anyway, got going again and the leader lapped me. I was thinking AWESOME!!! I don't have to do my last lap~picking that bike up took a ton of energy. Well, I was surprised to learn that MX is NOT like road racing. Even when you are lapped you STILL run your lap..funny. So I groaned at the white flag and finished my race...I mean, ride around the track. :)
Second moto. I was just plain old cold. But my little victories were 1) getting through the mud without crashing 2) feeling the bike lose traction in the sand sweeper turn and goosing the throttle (giggling when I felt her grab) and 3) making it through the entire second moto without crashing. It was awesome.

I can't wait to do it again!!!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Nice report. Congrats on the MX race. It sounds like you had fun. Thats what counts; having fun and not getting hurt.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
blndebmbr said:
Well, I was surprised to learn that MX is NOT like road racing. Even when you are lapped you STILL run your lap..funny.
First time I've heard of that. Every race I've seen or been in, when the checkered flag comes out, it stays out for everyone. Congratulations!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Congrats on the race, but please clear this up for me... did you get married or someone else. Cause I never had start line butterfly's even close to alter line butterfly's. Oh and if you did get married congrats on that too!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
kmccune said:
Congrats on the race, but please clear this up for me... did you get married or someone else. Cause I never had start line butterfly's even close to alter line butterfly's. Oh and if you did get married congrats on that too!
Nope the blndebmber got hitched The bride wore white and the groom wore red and black. she set it up so that the groom couldn't run because of exhaustion (and I am sure he wouldn't have even if he could ;) ) because as soon as he got off the bike from his moto (also his first ever) they tied the knot.
Tammy it was great meeting you and I am glad you joined us here. BTW She got 13th overall and he got 14th overall :nod:

Oh I forgot my piece of cake are you bringing it out to the May race with you?

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Congratulations!!! Thats hilarious oldguy " she set it up after the race so he would be too tired to run"....thats a good story to tell the kids and grandkids.

Sounds like such a fun filled day. Congrats again on the race and the wedding.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
and here is the bride and groom

Attachments

• aztalan april race 07 039.jpg
    aztalan april race 07 039.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 160

blndebmbr

Apr 9, 2007
OMG Oldguy!!!! That is awesome! Thanks for posting. I haven't seen any pix yet. My daughter is in the fox hat and Yamaha jacket. My son is on the other side. And then my sister and her fiance'. Then of course the pastor. It was so cold...I forgot to take my jacket off. But it turned out awesome.
Thanks again to the Azzie guys and gals...."White Wedding" over the speakers was hilarious. So much for trying to 'blend in' hahaha....

Do you know who the photographer was for Cycle USA? He was snapping pix too, I'd like to see if I can get my hands on them.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
blndebmbr said:
Do you know who the photographer was for Cycle USA? He was snapping pix too, I'd like to see if I can get my hands on them.
if you mean the guy with the grey beard that was me. I have a couple others but there are heads in the forground.
Email me at dthollub/@/hughes.net (leave out the 2 slashes) and I will send you what I got tomorow

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Oh my god that is so cool! Congrats on the nuptials! I hope Rooster doesn't see this - he'll want to know why we didn't have a dirtrider wedding ;)

blndebmbr

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks everyone. I have to get a good picture of the bouquet and post it. I have air gauges, a screwdriver and air valve caps mixed into the flowers...all held together by a blue oil funnel!!! LOL

Even though it was cold, we had the greatest day.....Awesomest wedding EVER! hahaha!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome!! Congrats!! :cool:

I'd love to see pics of the bouquet too, that sounds too cool! Your husband is a lucky guy! :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom