Dec 20, 2006
Hey everyone. I am looking into racing motocross next year and I need some help picking a new bike. I am almost 16 years old and I am about 6'1" 195 and very strong and athletic. I am a good rider and have been riding for awhile. I have ridden tracks on some of my friends bikes and have done very well and this is what makes me want to race next summer. I have ridden a bunch of race 250f's and a 450f once. I love the power and the feeling of ridding the 450. I have decided to race in the "450" class because the 250 classes were I will be racing at I have heard are very crowded and crazy. I am looking into getting a used bike a year or 2 old. So here are some of the choices that I have pretty much narrowed it down to:

1. 2006 Kawasaki KX450F-pro action suspension, fmf pipe w/megabomb header, raced this past year but in great shape.

2. 2006 Suzuki RMZ450- factory connection suspension, white brothers exhaust, new tires, black rims, raced but also in great shape.

3. 2005 Yamaha YZF450- complete yoshimira exhaust, new dunlop tires, been raced also and in great shape.

I have ridden a bunch of Kawi's and I really like how all of them have performed. Any info on any or all of these bikes would be great. Any other opinions or tips would be great also.

Thanks in advance

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
of course. That 2005 Yamaha could probably go for $5000 where I live and be swooped up in no time. IMO the Yamaha pulls the hardest even though it is a year older

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I agree, some people who race their bikes beat the snot out of them. Even though the oldest bike is 2 years old, it might look like crap and run like it too.

Dec 20, 2006
sry, im just not ina good mood right now

I have seen pics of all of the bikes, and one of my friends knows 2 out of 3 of them and says there good

my bad though

Top Bottom