Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Very cool. This looks like the exact bike Patman has been waiting for. ;)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Could that bike be good for that Red Bull endurance race where David Knight wins all the time (can't remember the name)? It is quite heavy though.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Heavy? It's a 250cc four-stroke with electric start and it weighs 210lbs! Granted, the suspension and frame aren't quite as beefy as most offroad bikes, but still, I bet it feels light. Definitely a cool bike to have for play riding.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Heavy? Yes VERY heavy! Heck this compares to a Trials/Enduro bike. My 2005 Honda CRF is lighter and it doesn't claim to be a good Trials bike. It does look like a cool bike though, I admit.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
According to Scorpa the T-ride has a dry weight of 192 pounds with the electric starter. Honda claims 204 pounds for the CRF250, and the electric start CRF250X weighs in at 225 dry. I guess the translation to Canadian loses something. ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That vid looks pretty intense, there had to be some good crashes! Taking the weight off that excess gas makes a difference too, that bike don't look to top heavy. Who has the fancy math to show how much force is removed by that gallon or so of fuel?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Rich Rohrich said:
According to Scorpa the T-ride has a dry weight of 192 pounds with the electric starter. Honda claims 204 pounds for the CRF250, and the electric start CRF250X weighs in at 225 dry. I guess the translation to Canadian loses something. ;)
So I guess the Scorpa is lighter, my post was based on Speedy Maniac who said it weigh 210 pounds. Why did they put an electric starter on the T-Ride BTW? I seriously doubt it would be much fun on Trials terrain, although it must be a killer in tight and difficult trails.

EDIT: The video says the bike is 95kg, or 209 pounds. Did they make a lighter version?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That right there could be the reason I would sell my KXR284! WOW! About the perfect mix of trail/trials. And no matter what the actual weight is it's lighter than my bike.

I don't think it would have much problem with most trials type lines except the most extreme. While a trials specific bike might make it a bit easier rider skill is typically what I see makes the top guys in any form of riding. Perfect example, David Knight rides a course with some VERY trials like challenges yet breezes right through on a HS bike. Granted it doesn't matter if he dabs but even so he typically doesn't.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That bike has your name ALL OVER IT Pat ;)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
This bike makes me think about my Honda TLR 200 Reflex, only it's newer and much more powerful. But it has the same trail/trials mix. It certainly looks like a fun bike. Why did they put an electric starter on it?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I would guess the electric start is a carry over from the engine being sources from Yamaha.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
That bike has your name ALL OVER IT Pat ;)
Well I have been thinking of changing my name from Pat to Scorpa. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom