Feb 26, 2006
My brother got stopped at a motocross in California by a guy who gave us a bunch of stuff and told us to check out sponserhouse to maybe get a sponsorship. I was just wondering if anyone else tried sponserhouse? What did you think of it?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's a popular place to put your resume ... and possibly attract some sponsors.
But unless you've got a decent season (at least) under your belt, wait to put your info there.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My son had been a member at sponsorhouse since they started and this year dropped his membership.
Despite having 3 great seasons as far as results the past 3 years he has not been able to attract any good sponsors there. The majority of people signed with sponsors from there will be required to buy merchandise they often do not need at prices that are not any better then you can get on line or often at the local shop if you get to know the owners. There are a couple good deals there but they are hard to come by.
My second gripe is they have become a MX/extreme sports version of My space. every day we were getting emails to go look at someones profile because they added new pictures of them walking down the street or whatever.

This last week my son went with a company that has done a great job of marketing several of the guys he races with and they get great deals and it is a true results based system where if you produce they up the level of support you get.
here is a link to his new profile which he just started putting together. If you look into this company i would appreciate you use his name as a reference as well
http://www.teamvrm.com/rider_profile.asp?RIDER_KEY=4885&STATE=WI

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My son Ryan was able to get alot of stuff for half off dealer net! Some stuff with shipping was just below dealer net. The best we ever got out of an oem shop was net to 20 over.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I've used sponsorhouse, but I prefer emailing or mailing in a personalized resume and talking to the company in person or on the phone. I've had much better luck with sponsors that way and it has made a better rider-sponsor relationship.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
My brother in law and a friend of ours used Sponsorhouse last year and didn't have that much luck with them. We have been using MXsponsor for two seasons now and have been very pleased with the results. With them you don't pay until you get sponsored. When you get your first one, you then pay the yearly membership fee.

Top Bottom